Health and Wellness Coach (RN or LPN) – CONNECT Lake Country
You have a passion for people, a curious, open mind and a desire to make a difference. You are a leader, a relationship-builder and thrive on the learning and development of yourself and others. You are open to possibility and creating opportunity; prepared to dive into an evolving role for a company on the path of growth.
We’re looking for just the right person to join our team as Health and Wellness Coach – Lake Country. You will be committed to Making Lives Better for people after brain injury and stroke, collaborating as part of an integrated, multi-professional Coaching Resource Team in the development of individualized Life Redesign Plans for residents. You will manage the health and wellness aspects of a resident’s experience at CONNECT, participate in the mentoring and development of staff, contribute to our continuous learning program, and help us in maintaining CONNECT’s accreditation status with Accreditation Canada.
You will report directly to our Leader – CONNECT Lake Country.
Our ideal check list is someone who:
- Is a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse (must be in good standing with your licensing body in British Columbia) with a passion for people;
- Who will contribute to the development of services throughout our organization based on your own creativity, unique strengths and interests;
- Can proficiently balance multiple priorities while maintaining a sense of humour;
- Communicates openly and with ease, and
- Works well with others.
What the role looks like. Within your scope of practice:
- Evaluate residents’ strengths, challenges, and lifestyle patterns, and their skills in managing their own health and wellness, and bring forward your ideas to be implemented by you, or by Life Redesign Coaches, as part of an integrated Life Redesign Plan;
- Ensure your services to individual residents are designed collaboratively, and in partnership with residents to achieve their goals, and to maximize their participation in real life, meaningful activities, equitable relationships and community;
- Support residents’ learning by showing other team members how they can best help/support the health and wellness process;
- Collaborate with other team members, integrating their techniques and strategies into the health & wellness process;
As Health and Wellness Coach you will oversee health and wellness for 42 residents in our condo-style, six-home building in Lake Country, supported by on-site service resource, people resource, decision support and admin coaches. Support is also provided by a global leadership team operating virtually from Lake Country, Vancouver and Hamilton.
Please submit your expression of interest, including your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONNECT has delivered A Better Way after Brain Injury and Stroke for more than 25 years. CONNECT’s Life Redesign ModelTM was deemed Leading Practice by Accreditation Canada in 2016 under client and family centred care in ABI services. With locations in Langley and Lake Country, BC and Hamilton, Ontario, CONNECT has an innovative, functional approach to Life Redesign. Residents participate in real-life activities embedded with rehab to reach their individual goals. Our homes do not have central housekeeping, catering or institutional care home amenities and are run instead like any other house, with coaching supports along the way. CONNECT locations blend naturally into the community, allowing for easy interaction and integration with the neighbourhood. Visit www.connectcommunities.ca for more information.