We’re looking for a physiotherapist, athletic therapist or kinesiologist who can think outside the box and apply their skills in new and exciting ways to join our team as Physical Coach or Physical Resource Coach – CONNECT Lake Country.
This role is a fixed-term contract to cover a one-year until April 30, 2020.
Collaborating as part of an integrated, multi-professional Coaching Resource Team you will contribute to the development and implementation of individualized Life Redesign Plans for residents, participate in the mentoring and development of staff, contribute to our continuous learning program, and help us in building upon our standards for excellence, and our commitment to continuous quality improvement.
You will report directly to the Leader – CONNECT Lake Country and collaborate with the existing Physical Coach team.
Our ideal person is someone who:
- Is committed to Making Lives Better for people after brain injury and stroke;
- Is authentic and can lead with who they are rather than what discipline they are in;
- Can help to uncover what matters most to an individual and contribute towards those priorities;
- When necessary can bring their skills as a Physiotherapist (with registration in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of British Columbia) to the table;
- Is comfortable working in a flexibly structured, intentionally different culture;
- Prefers guidelines to rules, grey versus black and white;
- Will contribute creatively to the development of services drawing from their unique strengths and interests;
- Can juggle multiple priorities and still maintain a sense of perspective and fun;
What the role looks like. Within your scope of practice:
- Contribute your understanding of a person’s story, and the impact of their current circumstances on what gives most meaning to their life;
- Offer actions that support their priorities to be implemented by you, or by Life Redesign Coaches, to maximize participation in relevant, real life activities, relationships and community;
- Support residents by showing other team members how they can best support the learning process, and vice versa, integrate their recommended techniques and strategies into your work with a resident.
As Physical Coach you will support the needs of up to 42 residents in our condo-style, six-home building in Lake Country, supported by on-site service resource, people resource, decision support, admin and Life Redesign Coaches. Support is also provided by a global leadership team.
Job closes Friday, May 24 2019.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.